MiTrust Online Jobs
– Earn £5 in 5 minutes !
[For UK residents >18 years old only]
To improve our Secure Data Sharing Service, we require registered online account holders for widely used Service Providers (e.g. Mobile Phone, Internet, Electricity).
Receive a £5 Amazon voucher for each Service Provider you complete (adhering to the successful job criteria). Approx. 5 minutes effort. Any questions or difficulties (learn more) or use our chat function.
Click below and follow these easy steps:
- Provide your Email to which your Amazon Voucher will be sent
- Select your Service Provider and enter your Login Credentials
- Following successful validation, your Amazon Voucher will be emailed to you (usually within 24 hours)
Frenquently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why trust MiTrust?
- MiTrust is an established and growing European digital business serving customers in the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy (learn more about us here),
- MiTrust is a European Banking Authority accredited AISP (Account Information Service Provider) with the identification code 17368 (CIB),
- All Login Credentials are encrypted (banking-grade security),
- Being European Data Protection Regulation Compliant (GDPR) is central to our entire business model and operations,
- All your data is automatically deleted after 90 days,
- No action is taken without your explicit consent.
- We use automated tools that anonymise your data,
- Some of our customers : Nextdoor, Nebenan, Mesvoisins, Voisins Vigilants et Solidaires, Frichti, Cegedim SIRH, Nickel.
Who is MiTrust?
MiTrust is a European Banking Authority accredited company, on a mission to revolutionise digital processes that companies use to securely register and verify new users on their platforms. The paradigm change is giving users total control over data-protection compliant sharing of their own, already verified, personal data from their existing Service Provider Accounts. To learn more review our FAQs or contact us.
MiTrust operates a secure data sharing platform, commercialy launched in 2018 and now active in France, Germany, UK, Spain and Italy (learn more about us here).
MiTrust is approved by the ACPR (administrative authority integrated into the Banque de France) as an Account Information Service Provider (AISP), and therefore conforms to their strict standards in terms of security, compliance, governance and assurance.
You may also read our Legal Notices.
How do I get paid?
Following your successfully validated job, you will receive an Amazon Voucher (coupon) via email, to the email address you provided when starting your job.
Before sending you the Voucher, we will validate that your job meets all criteria thus allowing our technicians to perform the targeted technical maintenance.
If you complete multiple jobs (i.e. for multiple Service Providers, youi will be rewarded for each (possibly regrouped in a single Amazon voucher).
Why is MiTrust offering these Jobs?
To maintain and enhance our Secure Data Sharing Services, our technicians require live tests with account holders of Service Providers through MiTrust.
This allows us to simulate the normal use of the MiTrust Service with our customers and ensure our services are functioning well for various types of Account Holders.
While optimising our service, tests are repeated by our technicians in an automated and confidential procedure for technical purpose only.
To help us improve this technical configuration on an ongoing basis, we require such jobs to be completed for various types of Service Providers (e.g. Mobile Phone, Internet, Electricity).
What are the successful job criteria to receive the Amazon Voucher?
The following basic criteria are required to receive an Amazon Voucher:
- The email address for your Service Provider Account must be the same as the one you provided just before your contribution (on the first screen),
- The valid confirmation code must have been provided upon completion,
- Your Service Provider Account must be an active account, associated to a postal address. Pre-paid accounts are excluded (unless associated to a postal address).
- In case of a Two-Factor Authentication (e.g.: code via SMS), we will need to complete a mandatory second verification with you, for which you will earn double.
What if my Account requires Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
Some Service Providers require a two-factor authentication, meaning that after providing the usual login and password, you will need to provide a second form of authentication. The most common are:
- Code received by SMS (One-Time Password),
- Code received by email,
- Link received by email (you should then click on this link),
- Notification on your mobile app (you should then launch your mobile app).
In order to complete a job with 2FA, you will have to authenticate twice, each time with two factors.
- First: using the MiTrust flow ; this will allow us to validate that you have a proper account for the Service Provider, and to be able to re-run the first step of the authentication for technical maintenance purposes,
- Second: when our technicians actually work on our algorithm, they will require the second factor in real time. To do so, we will be in contact with you using our live chat, or we will arrange a call with you at your preferred time.
Your job will be validated only if you complete both, and then you will earn double.
Is my Job completion compliant with my Service Provider Terms of Service?
Yes, absolutely, for the following reasons:
- MiTrust acts as an agent to enable you to exercise your right to portability under Article 20 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to which your Service Providers must comply,
- MiTrust directly informs each of the Service Providers of the nature of our actions,
- As soon as a Service Provider provides an API to comply with the user’s right to portability under the Data Protection Regulation, MiTrust makes use of this access method (thus avoiding the need for these jobs).